UC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Following the success of our 2021 project, the University of Cincinnati Alumni Association partnered with AGAR again for a unique, art-centered 2022 Alumni Celebration.
Develop an identity, mural, and gallery event exclusively for the 2022 Alumni Celebration Event.
- AGAR unveiled “Alumni Superheroes” for the 2022 celebration. Tapping into the childhood allure of conventional superheroes, the 2022 honorees were brought to life as city-defining and industry-impacting figures.
- Worked with an illustrator to develop portraits of each honoree, incorporating unique traits and accessories specific to the individual into their portrait.
- Portraits were compiled into a mural design, which AGAR oversaw installation for and revealed just in time for the gallery opening event.
- AGAR created a full time-lapse of the 10-day mural painting process, captured from the roof of a nearby building – as well as multiple, high-impact videos depicting the process.
- A gallery opening was assembled for honorees, in which their individual portraits were displayed alongside corresponding collectible “superhero cards” as a keepsake. Gallery receptions were complete with bites, drinks, a custom VO soundtrack and lighting experience.
- Community art involvement with the installation of the mural on 1428 Vine St
- Social media buzz generated among honorees
- Impactful, intimate experiences for honorees and their families at gallery receptions over the week
- Sparked University of Cincinnati pride amongst honorees who now span the globe