The Kroger Co. Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation Innovation Fund Venture Showcase
The Kroger Co. Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity on a mission to help create communities free of hunger and waste. The nonprofit organization is dedicated to creating a more equitable and sustainable food system by enabling collective action and catalyzing innovation.
In collaboration with Village Capital, the Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation welcomed startups with creative ideas and technologies to end food waste in the U.S. to apply for a total of $2.5 million in grant and impact investment funding, as well as participate in a 6-month business advancement program through their Innovation Fund.
In 2021, the Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation and Village Capital partnered with AGAR to host the Innovation Fund Venture Showcase event virtually. The digital nature of the program provided an opportunity for viewers all over the world to connect and consider a future with zero hunger and zero waste.
- AGAR created a custom website to host the live broadcast, registration link, and event details. This served as a one-stop-shop for all things Venture Showcase. The website was designed with the Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation branding and ease-of-use in mind. In addition to browsing event details, website visitors could easily register to attend directly from the site, and learn more about the 2021 Innovation Fund startups.
- The event was broadcasted live and was embedded directly at the top of the Zero Hunger | Zero Waste Foundation Innovation Fund Venture Showcase website for easy viewing. After the event aired, the broadcast was archived on the website so anyone could view the programming after it was over.
- Pre-produced video content was integrated into the live experience to facilitate a cinematic viewing experience. Videos were storyboarded and edited to create consistent style and messaging throughout every element of the event.
- After the livestream, participants visited a user-friendly networking space where investors, stakeholders, and attendees could connect with the startups on a more personal level.
- Directed all communications for the 10 startups
- Produced and broadcasted a 90 minute livestream containing a diverse mix of live and pre-recorded content, including remote callers
- Over 1K website visits encompassing 30 different countries
- Participant, Media, and Kroger social media engagement