AGAR’S Porch Pours Keeping the Human Connection Strong by Collectively Gathering for a Social Distancing Happy Hour.
- During a time in history, when the world was struck by a pandemic and told to separate, AGAR challenged itself to create unity in a distant community; to strengthen its headquarter city of Cincinnati and nation-wide bond by producing an experience in which people are doing the same thing at the same time, but in different places.
- Provide comfort and enjoyment knowing that people are connecting through shared music, photos and toasts from porch to porch whether across the block or across the country for a citywide distant socializing happy hour, Porch Pours.
- Provide comfort and enjoyment knowing that people are connecting through shared music, photos and toasts from porch to porch whether across the block or across the country via a distant socializing happy hour, Porch Pours.
- Stop the norm, take a moment of pause, grab your libation, head outside with your quarantine crew and raise a glass; post for the world to see!
- Guests were asked to RSVP and received a #PorchPours party kit – everything needed to join the party, to stay connected with AGAR and to have fun. The kit included:
- Themed cocktail and mocktail recipes for the whole family.
- Access to an exclusive playlist curated for #PorchPours (and an opportunity to help curate the playlist with your favorite happy hour songs too).
- Print out coloring pages for kids and their friends and families.
- Digital invitations to send to family, friends and neighbors.
- Word spread quickly and before we knew it people were joining #PorchPours from near and far, raising a glass to one another while social distancing with photos and videos uploaded and shared from Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, New Jersey, New York as well as Mexico, Italy and more!
- A few fun facts include:
- 3,400+ households signed up
- 10,000+ individuals participated
- 20,000+ beverages were poured
- 22,500 hours of music streamed
- 500+ zip codes participated
- Because of the success of AGAR’s Porch Pours in creating connection, the event became a nationally produced monthly virtual experience, Kroger’s Social Social.