Agar is experiential. We leverage human experiences, event production, digital technology, music, art and content to grow culture for brands and communities.
Agar is the red substance in a petri dish that’s used to grow culture. Founded on the premise that as the world grows more and more digital the value of a human experience inherently increases, agar has been growing culture through immersive, sensory experiential platforms since 2008.
The Production Coordinator will assist in all key aspects of event design, event planning and overall event production and execution of both physical and virtual events. The Production Coordinator will help support the goals and vision of key clients and assist with the overall programming and execution of experiences that drive multifaceted marketing campaigns and generate consumer engagement.
Each of our employees has an entrepreneurial mindset and is agile to meet the demands of our fast-paced, ever changing business. While we are a collaborative team, we are also individually proactive, resourceful self-starters. The ideal candidate will not only share the same mindset but will also thrive when challenged or when faced with adversity. We need someone who is comfortable jumping into action, seeking solutions and finding opportunities by taking initiative.
The Production Coordinator must embody this performance model to be successful and take leadership in getting what they need in order to get the job done well. The Production Coordinator will yield desired results through the following phases:
Strategy: Assist production team with identifying solutions based on client brief and KPIs. Help create presentations and pitch engaging, captivating experiences.
Roadmap: Envision the consumer experience and develop project timelines, tasks, resources, external partnerships, marketing & promotion plans, components and budget needed to achieve this experience.
Execution: Assist with the creation of engaging experiences within the project scope and budget, while surpassing the client’s initial vision. Help to service the client with excellence and provide expertise on strategies for success along the journey.
Recap: Distinguish achievements, metrics, ROI, best practices and growth opportunities. Present ideas for future business and scalable opportunities.
• Coordinate and lead activations and experiences that exceed client goals and expectations including but not limited to on-site experiential build out, run-of-show, A/V, graphic installation, guest experience/relations, food and beverage, hospitality, signage, staffing, etc.
• Create and execute influencer, digital, print, media and experiential marketing and promotion strategies.
• Help producers fulfill client requests in a professional and timely manner and become a trusted advisor and collaborator.
• Assist with the building of pitch and recap decks or experiential concepts to clients, making strategic recommendations for marketing and experiential campaigns.
• Make recommendations to supervisors for expanding the scope of the client relationship based on opportunities observed.
• Effectively develop, manage, and monitor timelines, tasks, deliverables, budgets, team members and resources, based on provided project plan from Experiential Producers
• Assist with the oversight of creative for experiential design, asset design, copywriting development, build-outs, floor plans and branded materials, ensuring brand guidelines and core messages are represented.
• Work cross-functionally with production, graphic design, and content creation teams, providing clear direction on deliverables and upholding accountability for assigned deadlines.
• Continually update team members on information and appropriately documenting all activity and learnings.
• Build relationships with vendors and negotiate pricing for items needed for the project.
• Manage event coordination of AGAR owned properties and be on-site during events, ensuring guests needs are fulfilled.
• The Production Coordinator will also assist with managing AGAR internal marketing, PR and events.
• Represent AGAR’s vision, mission, guiding principles, and core values.
• Embody AGAR’s quick and nimble way of executing work and knowing when there is a sense of urgency to meet client and project needs.
• Learn to cross-sell and grow the relationships throughout the office as applicable.
• Stay current with culture and industry trends and changing business processes.
• Participate in and contribute to weekly brainstorm sessions, internal meetings, processes and company-owned events.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS/BA in Marketing, Communications or related field.
• 1+ years of experience in Experiential Marketing/Event Production/PR
• Ability to work weekends. Some weeks require more than 40 hours of work.
• Thrives in fast-paced, high-pressure situations by making decisions, thinking critically and creating solutions.
• Quick learner and self-starter who seeks solutions through researching, inquiring vendors and collaborating with team members.
• Must have excellent written/oral communication skills. Copywriting skills are a plus.
• Confident when public speaking and communicating presentations.
• Must possess strong computer skills and proficient in Keynote, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Google G Suite (proficiency in Apple products preferred).
AGAR’S GUIDING PRINCIPALS:
• Embrace Being Uncomfortable – The greatest learning moments occur when outside of your comfort zone.
• Be Quick Don’t Hurry – provide agile service without compromising quality of work.
• Constantly Curious and Open to the New – Immerse into experiences and think outside the norm.
• All Hands on Deck, Always – No matter the nature of the job, we get it done together.
• Truth in Words and Actions – Take ownership and accountability.