THANKS for the interest!
This specific position has been filled.
We’d still love to get to know you 😊
Click the 'Next Steps' button below and send your info on over.
ps: Thanks / Have a great day!
New Business Development Associate
AGAR is seeking a New Business Development Associate with 5-10 years’ experience to build strong connections with clients and create opportunities to grow though pitching experiential marketing and event production, PR/communications, digital marketing, design and content creation strategies and services. The candidate must have previous sales experience in the marketing field, preferably with brands and Fortune 500 companies across several types of industries.
The New Business Development Associate will assist the Director of Strategy & Development in managing the current pipeline as well as assisting in managing the RFP process. The ideal candidate will leverage consumer and marketing insights to develop new client relationships and identify opportunities for growth in key business sectors. The New Business Development Associate works with leadership, experience production and creative teams to implement business development initiatives based on client goals and desired outcomes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primarily, researching key brands, partners and potential clients for pursuit aligned with strategic business goals, action plans and securement of new business
- Develop lead generation strategies and manage new business capabilities presentations, RFPs, and initial new business briefing sessions
- Establish pre-work routine and cadence for strategic leads
- Regularly reviews daily new business prospecting tools and industry publications to identify new business opportunities and to identify prospects to share with the rest of the Growth Team while maintaining the accuracy of our CRM platform
- Partner and/or Lead new business pitches and capabilities presentations
- Initiate and build relationships with customers through phone and in person contact, networking efforts and presentations
- Regularly updates/adds new business contacts and opportunities in CRM system, serves as the primary CRM manager for the Growth Team, in addition to coordinating regular list maintenance
- Provides ongoing strategic and tactical analysis of business sector results, industry data, in analysis of sales dashboards and reports.
- Screen potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials and make informed, strategic recommendations to AGAR leadership team
- Close new business opportunities by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements and initial SOWs with business operations
- Make recommendations to leadership and project leads for expanding the scope of client relationships based on observed opportunities
- Recommend actions to adapt to changes within business sectors on a proactive basis
- Quickly build presentations and pitch decks, working alongside creative and production departments to produce materials required to sell company services and benefits
- Support the Development and Leadership teams in developing and managing to annual plans, strategic targets and business service opportunities
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements, tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Assist the Growth team with various support tasks, as needed. These are included, but not limited to: job numbers, new client set up and other needs to convert business
- Enhance industry expertise and thought leadership by reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Market and merchandise AGAR’s successes; ensure AGAR stays top of mind with prospects and within the industry
- Represent AGAR’s vision, mission, guiding principles, and core values.
- Embody AGAR’s quick and nimble way of executing work and knowing when there is a sense of urgency to meet client and project needs.
- Cross-sell and grow the relationships throughout the office as applicable.
- Stay current with culture and industry trends and changing business processes.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE/
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing or related field plus 5-10 years relevant experience
- Proven track record in the development of new business and organic growth and the marketing of agency services (preferably in CPG, Retail, Entertainment and/or Food & Beverage sectors)
- Ability to bring in a network of new business opportunities, including relationships with client decision makers and c-suite level executives
- Passion to create and ability to solve problems
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent negotiation and critical thinking/decision-making skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to approach a diverse customer base and facilitate strategic communication
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Ability to produce excellent work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
BENEFITS & INCENTIVES/
- Strong leadership with a focus on entrepreneurial thinking, training, and mentoring to help the team grow professionally and personally to help team members reach their goals and become their best
- A career working with future-forward, creative teams and client accounts that include startups and global giants
- A motivated, passionate, smart, fun, and creative company culture
- Customized benefits package
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES/
- Embrace Being Uncomfortable – The greatest learning moments occur when outside of your comfort zone.
- Be Quick Don’t Hurry – provide agile service without compromising quality of work.
- Constantly Curious and Open to the New – Immerse into experiences and thing outside the norm.
- All Hands on Deck, Always – No matter the nature of the job, we get it done together.
- Truth in Words and Actions – Take ownership and accountability.
AGAR is experiential. We leverage human experiences, event production, digital technology, music, art, and content to grow culture for brands and communities. AGAR is the red substance in a petri dish that’s used to grow culture. Founded on the premise that as the world grows more and more digital the value of a human experience inherently increases, AGAR has been growing culture through immersive, sensory experiential platforms since 2008.