AGAR is also the red substance in a petri dish that’s used to grow culture. Founded on the premise that as the world grows more and more digital, the value of a human experience inherently increases, AGAR has been growing culture through immersive, sensory platforms since 2008.
AGAR is seeking an Branded Environments Designer with 3+ years experience in environmental, graphic and presentation design within the marketing and experiential events fields. The Branded Environments Designer must also be familiar with architectural, interior, digital and industrial design due to the nature of our industry.
The Branded Environments Designer will work closely with leadership to quickly bring experiential event and activation concepts to life through visual storytelling that conveys the essence of experiences. The successful candidate will create the dynamic presentation through the following phases:
1) Collaboration: Brainstorm ideas with the team based on creative brief or creative direction from team leads. Present and refer to key trends applicable to the brand and the objective of the experience. Set deadlines and budget hours prior to commencing work.
2) Design: Create compelling environments, experiences, fixtures and graphics that communicate the vision and story of experiential concepts, ranging from idea boards to logos to elevations, to renderings of branded spaces. Compile and organize designs and copy into concise and engaging presentations within set deadlines while surpassing leadership expectations and captivating current and potential clients.
3) Implementation: Work closely with the client services and production teams to convert concepts into tangible print, fabricated and digital products that meet and exceed client goals and vision. Collaborate with trusted vendors for asset sourcing/procurement and potentially assist producers with staging on-site.
- Create 3D concepts, renderings, plans and elevations for immersive experiences.
- Work cross-functionally with production and creative teams to generate graphics and environmental renderings needed for experiences, such as exhibition, placemaking, branded environments, pop-up events, retail, public installation, signage, social media, promotional, webpage and wayfinding designs.
- Oversee creative process and development ensuring brand essence and core message communication. Understand and incorporate client brand guidelines into all design work.
- Implement a process for managing and tracking workflow, setting clear expectations for team members of when their design needs will be fulfilled.
- Deliver high-quality results based on project scope and goals within assigned deadlines and budget. Ensure projects go to production/launch error-free and meet client and/or project lead specifications.
- Orchestrate typography, color, imagery, form, technology and content to design visually stimulating presentations that communicate and best represent the concepts being presented.
- Study and evaluate current industry and consumer trends and appropriately incorporate them into assigned design projects.
- Create custom style templates and visual style guides for new presentations as well as update existing templates.
- Generate graphic content for internal media channels.
- Embody AGAR’s vision, mission, guiding principles, processes and core values.
- Stay current with culture and industry trends and changing business processes.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly brainstorm sessions, internal meetings and company-owned events.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE/
- BS/BA in Graphic Design, Interior Design, Architectural Design or related field
- 3+ years of agency, design firm or professional corporate advertising/marketing environment experience (*Retail Design Experience a plus)
- Expert experience in creating and developing 3D concepts in SketchUp or similar programs
- Expert level understanding of Keynote, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and PowerPoint. General understanding of Excel, Word, Google G Suite. Proficiency in Apple products is a requirement.
- Extremely organized in managing and tracking workflow.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter who grasps new concepts quickly and transforms them into desired designs.
- Thrives in fast-paced, high-pressure situations by making decisions, thinking critically and creating solutions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the experiential industry verticals and applications in these professional fields (i.e., automotive, financial, healthcare, hospitality, apparel, beverage, retail).
- Must have excellent written/oral communication skills. Copywriting skills are a plus.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Embrace Being Uncomfortable – The greatest learning moments occur when outside of your comfort zone.
- Be Quick Don’t Hurry – provide agile service without compromising quality of work.
- Constantly Curious and Open to the New – Immerse into experiences and thing outside the norm.
- All Hands on Deck, Always – No matter the nature of the job, we get it done together.
- Truth in Words and Actions – Take ownership and accountability.