THANKS for the interest!
This specific position has been filled.
We’d still love to get to know you 😊
Click the 'Next Steps' button below and send your info on over.
ps: Thanks / Have a great day!
Graphic Design Co-Op
AGAR is a Human Connection Company. At AGAR, we leverage experiential design and communications, event production and technology to reach audiences and grow culture for companies, brands and communities. Founded on the premise that as the world grows more and more digital the value of a human connection and experience inherently increases, AGAR has been growing culture through immersive storytelling and sensory experiential design for more than a decade.
AGAR is searching for a graphic design co-op interested in learning and contributing to every facet of design, creating long-lasting memories for our brands and their consumers through unique visual storytelling.
As an AGAR co-op, you will be able to leverage your creative abilities while developing technical skills in graphic design, presentation design, spatial design, motion graphics and branding, plus cross-department collaboration and print production in a real-world business setting. You will gain insight into what it takes to create, develop, manage and execute design work from brief to conception through the perspectives of brands and their consumers.
WHO WE NEED/
The design co-op will support the Creative Team in generating graphics for events, marketing campaigns, online digital experiences, websites, social media, and keynote presentations. The candidate must be a 3rd+ year student with a positive attitude, great time management skills and the ability to adapt to an ever-changing range of project needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Creative Team with departmental needs and workload including but not limited to creation of digital/web design, print design, presentation design, content creation and motion graphic design.
- Independently and effectively manage and monitor timelines, tasks, deliverables, budgets, and resources.
- Work cross-functionally with production and creative teams to generate graphics & visuals needed for projects, such as exhibition, placemaking, branded environments, public installation, signage, promotional, materials and wayfinding designs.
- Orchestrate typography, color, imagery, form, technology and content to design visually stimulating presentations that communicate and best represent the concepts being presented.
- Design and integrate website templates and update copy as needed.
- Deliver high-quality results based on project scope and goals.
- Understand and incorporate client brand guidelines into all design work.
- Ensure brand essence and core message is communicated in all designs.
- Generate graphic content internal entities.
- Generate, organize and file accurate digital files for all assigned projects.
- Ensure projects go to print error-free and meet client and/or project lead specifications.
- Represent AGAR’s vision, mission, guiding principles, and core values.
- Embody AGAR’s quick and nimble way of executing work and knowing when there is a sense of urgency to meet client and project needs.
- Stay current with culture and industry trends and changing business processes.
- Participate in and contribute to weekly brainstorm sessions, internal meetings, processes and company-owned events.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE/
- 3rd+ year student pursuing a Design or similar degree. Recent Grads or Grad Students may also apply.
- Must provide current portfolio + resumé
- Have experience in the Adobe creative suite programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- A quick learner and self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and seeks solutions through test & learn and collaboration.
- Manage and adhere to project timelines and assignments and deliver items to team in a timely manner.
- Possess strong computer skills and proficient in Keynote and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Apple products preferred
- Availability to work in the Cincinnati office
- Fall/Spring semesters: Minimum 3 days per week with a 16 hours+/week – schedule is flexible.
- Summer: Full-time at 30+ hours per week
- Experience in spatial renderings with SketchUp or AutoCAD is a plus.
- Experience in animations and motion graphic design skills is a plus.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Embrace Being Uncomfortable – The greatest learning moments occur when outside of your comfort zone.
- Be Quick Don’t Hurry – provide agile service without compromising quality of work.
- Constantly Curious – Immerse into experiences and thing outside the norm.
- All Hands on Deck, Always – No matter the nature of the job, we get it done together.
- Truth in Words and Actions – Take ownership and accountability.